So...the new diaper bag that I made for Autumn has a huge ink spot on it...don't ask me how it happened...but of course, I had to make a new one for her. With a plethera of black and white zebra fabric left, I decided to make her one out of that.
I am the queen of recycling, so I found a pj top that I didn't wear and used that to make the lining. My sweet friend, Cristy, helped me figure out how to do the applique. I had also read a few tutorials on how to do this so between all of that, I figured it out.
I made little pockets inside for her milk and wipes box...they turned out good as well.
I think it turned out cute. Hannah suggested I make it smaller than the green polkadot...so I took her suggestion. I think it is better that way...not so much to lug around and not so much to try to look through and find what I am looking for....
We'll I was putting too many side items in my homeschool blog so I thought I would start a new one. Hum...what will this one include:
1. My Sewing Projects: Some of you know that my 2nd Mom passed away August of 2008. This was an intense summer of care taking for her as well as my children. Her cancer came quickly and took her quickly. The sting is still very much here. Anyhow...I inherited her sewing machine and have began to do little projects here and there. Each time I use her sewing machine , I think...she would be so proud. I've always wanted to sew but lacked the confidence to figure it out on my own. So there ya go...
2. My ramblings about life, crafts I insist on making, and just ongoing projects I am tackling because life is too short to wait til tomorrow!
3. Whatever else evolves here...who knows what the Lord will give me to say!